• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uplifting thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uplifting thread

No doom and gloom or economic woes in this piece. And I'm not a Frank Skinner fan.

Little bit of feel good factor for your friday. I particularly like this bit:

Thomas, who died a few years ago, was something of a legend on the language circuit. One of his claims to fame, according to the official website, is that he taught Doris Day Spanish so that she could sing her most famous song, Que Será, Será. As I recall, there are only two Spanish words in Que Será, Será. They are “que” and “será”. Ms Day's diligence is an inspiration to us all.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

I lifted 105 kilos in the amusingly named ‘clean and jerk’ at the gym last night. Does that count as ‘uplifting’?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I lifted 105 kilos in the amusingly named ‘clean and jerk’ at the gym last night. Does that count as ‘uplifting’?
      Did you have a go at a snatch as well?

Comment

For all the gloomsters out there - a fig to you.

Alf is Bigger and Better.

So there.

And Alf dont care anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Did you have a go at a snatch as well?
          No, I’m a bit scared of the snatch having seen that bloke at the olympics whose shoulder was dislocated. It looks easier than clean and jerk, and is in some ways a technically more simple lift, but it isn’t easier at all. It tok me about 3 months to learn to do a clean and jerk reasonably competenty, and would probably take as long to learn the snatch.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            No, I’m a bit scared of the snatch having seen that bloke at the olympics whose shoulder was dislocated.
            God! what an unexpected consequence.

Comment

Working...
            X