• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is just geeky enough...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just geeky enough...

...to be one of you lot.

So own up, which one of you is John Godwin from Surrey?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

There're several sheets of maths here," said John Godwin.

Yes, and he made a mistake. See this bit;

‘First, the coach needed to be stabilised. This involved smashing out the windows on the part of the coach overlooking the drop and smashing them inward at the front end to improve the weight ratio slightly. First, the coach needed to be stabilised. This involved smashing out the windows on the part of the coach overlooking the drop and smashing them inward at the front end to improve the weight ratio slightly.’

That wouldn’t improve the weight ratio at all. Smashing the front windows inwards would move the weight of the glass toward the part of the bus hanging over the cliff, making the rest of Mr Godwin’s calculations somewhat superfluous.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What they actually needed to do was not all move to the end of the bus at first, but start moving the gold.

In the movie, after they have crashed, there's a chain of blokes from the gold to safety - moving the gold first would have fixed them up a treat...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
      X