• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to get this sorted...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get this sorted...

Hi Everyone

I need to sort out my company tax and close down my company as I am leaving the UK on Sat.

I have left 21% of all invoices behind in the company acc to pay the taxman.

I have no idea how to sort this out. I have not had anyone administer my company or accounts (the guys who set it all up went over and contactable anymore) and I have not kept records of any company expenses etc...

The company has only been trading for 11months so expenses have been minimal.

Would appreciate any advice on how to get this sorted, any good accountants that maybe helpful or if im able to organise this all myself?

Much appreciated.

Bit daft not recording expenses even if they are small. Estimates and recollections will probably do as long as they are realistic and reasonable, for example, travel to contract site from invoiced dates and mileage from AA site or train fare websites, typical hotel costs if away etc, tax men won't expect you to have slept on the street. If worked at home statutory minimum heat and light, use of own computers etc.

I believe accountants often have to make estimates for all the sorts who don't keep proper records, there are whole chapters on incomplete accounts. Since you seem prepared to pay 21% of receipts without any deductions anyway, probably best to get an accountant and provide what info you can. Being abroad is hardly a problem as must be some who will work through email and internet. Nothing due for a a few months yet.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by offhome View Post
      Hi Everyone

I need to sort out my company tax and close down my company as I am leaving the UK on Sat.

I have left 21% of all invoices behind in the company acc to pay the taxman.

Run son....

Seriously, in a few years they'll work out you owe them money. They won't know where to find you.

But...

Never come back...

If 21% is not worth it ....please get an accountant to sort it for you. The country is going broke...it was willing for you to come by for a while...so show some respect to it.

Comment

Run! Yeah very tempting trading taxmans £ for Margarita's in the sunshine.....

No, more than happy to pay the taxman. Have found a reliable (hopefully) accountant to sort all this out via email.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
          Run son....
          +1

I did.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
          X