• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

usb security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb security

going to get a secured memory stick and keep personal info on it rather than on a nickable laptop

not sure wether to just get a password protected memory stick or an encrypted one

any advice ?

IfIf password protected does not equal encrypted what's the point?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Get a biometric one. They are loads cooler.

Comment

I use an encrypted dmg in me stick, 20+ character key to unlock. Good luck cracking that nsa.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I use Truecrypt, but I hear there's better out there.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Another vote for Truecrypt here.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              +1

I like the trick that you can create a flat file like a .mov and then hide a file system inside that. That way if/when you lose the stick the bod that finds it, will just get a stick with a few broken movies or part files on rather than an obvious private partition.

Comment

Truecrypt is good. Also, have a look at Ironkey. All depends on your needs really...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Pah!

In Windows, a user who does not have administrator privileges can use TrueCrypt, but only after a system administrator installs TrueCrypt on the system. The reason for that is that TrueCrypt needs a device driver to provide transparent on-the-fly encryption/decryption, and users without administrator privileges cannot install/start device drivers in Windows.

That'll be most of my clients then.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X