PDA

View Full Version : A victory for commonsense !!!

Cyberman
11th February 2009, 15:34
Just announced on the news that ecstacy will not be downgraded !!!!!! :laugh

They must have done a poll on it !!!! :wink

bogeyman
11th February 2009, 15:35
Just announced on the news that ecstacy will not be downgraded !!!!!! :laugh

They must have done a poll on it !!!! :wink

Great news.

What are you on?

Cyberman
11th February 2009, 15:36
Great news.

What are you on?

a low fat diet !! :wink

FSM with Cheddar
11th February 2009, 16:26
commonsense? :suicide:

:spel

A total disregard of the expert evidence provided.
A continued implementation of an ideology based on bigotry, not reason.
A government completely out of step with the public.

Moscow Mule
11th February 2009, 16:30
Based on number of deaths & general cost to the economy Alcohol would be a Class B drug.
By the same measures, Ecstasy barely counts as a C Class.

The only reason Daily Mail readers give a toss about this is the (misguided) Leah Betts campaign.

Cyberman
11th February 2009, 16:56
... well at least I am ecstatic !!!!!! :laugh

gingerjedi
11th February 2009, 17:00
... well at least I am ecstatic !!!!!! :laugh

Do you put a fork through footballs that stray into your garden before you throw them back?

It's just kids having a good time.

Ruprect
11th February 2009, 17:03
I have to say the decision doesn't surprise me in the least. The government has a habit of comissioning expert reports and then ignoring them completely, especially when it comes to drug classification.

Cyberman
11th February 2009, 17:13
Do you put a fork through footballs that stray into your garden before you throw them back?

It's just kids having a good time.

I don't agree and there are many instances of death through ecstacy. Kids need protecting sometimes and this is one of those occasions IMO.
Also, there is the issue of 'pathway' drugs whereby one lower level drug leads to trying higher level. The best thing is just not to go there. :smokin

DiscoStu
11th February 2009, 17:15
I don't agree and there are many instances of death through ecstacy. Kids need protecting sometimes and this is one of those occasions IMO.
Also, there is the issue of 'pathway' drugs whereby one lower level drug leads to trying higher level. The best thing is just not to go there. :smokin

Bollocks. Compared to deaths caused by tobacco and alcohol they pale into a minority so small it's insignificant.

Ruprect
11th February 2009, 17:16

Some kind of evidence to back up your pointless bleatings would be appreciated. Anything with ".dailymail." in the URL does not count.

Ruprect
11th February 2009, 17:17
Bollocks. Compared to deaths caused by tobacco and alcohol they pale into a minority so small it's insignificant.

I understand how you chose your moniker now DS ;)

Cyberman
11th February 2009, 17:19

Ban alcohol and tobacco then. I have no problem with that, and we will all be healthier for it, but don't use them as an excuse to add further dangers to our health and thus burdens to the taxpayer through increased reliance on the NHS. :rolleyes:

d000hg
11th February 2009, 17:25
Bollocks. Compared to deaths caused by tobacco and alcohol they pale into a minority so small it's insignificant.Are you talking absolute numbers or percentages here?

oracleslave
11th February 2009, 17:26

If it's just one who happens to be a family member of mine then it's significant.