• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Cat Bounce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Cat Bounce

A fine example:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON%3ALLOY
    Bored.

WTF is going on here. I pop out for an hour come back and all the banking stocks have plummetted.

One of the most blatant shorts in history. Thank god I didnt have any stop losses in place for this lot, especially Barclays as they would have all triggered and I would have been sitting on a massive loss as opposed to now where Im only a few grand down.

Whew.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

HBOS / Lloyds reported 10 billion quid write-down. Ouch. Glad I sold my RBS yesterday. Still long Barclays though.
      Bored.

Comment

Only (!!!!!) £1.6bn more than they predicted... Not as bad as it's being reported, but still.

Comment

the NRK judicial review means shareholders are now worried about full nationalisation without compensation IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            the NRK judicial review means shareholders are now worried about full nationalisation without compensation IMO.
            Well indeed.

But that is no worse than full bankruptcy without compensation, which is what would happen if there was no government bailout.

Comment

Working...
            X