• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome To McBritain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome To McBritain

I guess you can always take up a career in fast food:

http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-...aspx?ID=329752
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

The alternative economy is here.

Buckets!!!!

That's a new Plan B for me, bucket manufacture.

Comment

"Now as I say, one wouldn’t to be too negative - after all, any new jobs are a good thing in this environment. Indeed, one can’t help but feel that systematic McD/ BK/ KFC bashing is little more than misguided middle class snobbery in very poor disguise. "

So if you tell them that they are eating sh1te that is "middle class snobbery in very poor disguise" these days?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I worked in KFC for a year while doing my masters and it was the most soul destroying but yet motivational periods of my life. To hold down that job long term you have to be amazingly stupid and I honestly I don't think I appreciated how thick some members of the population were until I did that job. Every 10 minutes standing at that fryer I would say “this is why you are doing a masters”

Comment

Almost every KFC I have been in has been a pit, with bad service.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
            with bad service.
            Why did you expect any different

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I worked in KFC for a year while doing my masters and it was the most soul destroying but yet motivational periods of my life. To hold down that job long term you have to be amazingly stupid and I honestly I don't think I appreciated how thick some members of the population were until I did that job. Every 10 minutes standing at that fryer I would say “this is why you are doing a masters”
              WTF didnt you get a bar job in a friendly local or something?
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

How many did it take before you stopped?

Comment

The problem with KFC is that food production costs are much higher than that of McDs and BK, each bit of chicken as to be battered and cooked for 16 minutes in a very expensive high pressure fryer in the shop, the burger places just need a hot plate. But KFC have to compete on costs so corners get cut all over the shop, crap fries, thick staff, rotten furnishings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    WTF didnt you get a bar job in a friendly local or something?
                    Most bar jobs expected you to work at the weekend and I was usually partying from Friday till Sunday morning. I could do the KFC shifts Tue, Wed & Thursday nights.

Comment

Working...
                    X