• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sold house prices - down down down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold house prices - down down down

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...cord-rate.html

House prices in the UK dropped by 2.3 per cent during December, pushing the annual rate at which values are falling to a new record, figures show.

The Government figures showed a doubling in the quarterly rate at which prices are falling, with homes losing 6.4 per cent of their value during the three months to the end of December, compared with a drop of 3 per cent during the third quarter of the year.

December's price fall was driven by a steep drop in the average price of a detached home, which fell by 4.1 per cent during the month, while flats lost 2.4 per cent of their value and the price of bungalows and semi-detached homes eased by 2.3 per cent and 2 per cent respectively.

Excellent news. Playing a waiting game for a millionaires pad for a pittance.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...cord-rate.html

House prices in the UK dropped by 2.3 per cent during December, pushing the annual rate at which values are falling to a new record, figures show.

The Government figures showed a doubling in the quarterly rate at which prices are falling, with homes losing 6.4 per cent of their value during the three months to the end of December, compared with a drop of 3 per cent during the third quarter of the year.

December's price fall was driven by a steep drop in the average price of a detached home, which fell by 4.1 per cent during the month, while flats lost 2.4 per cent of their value and the price of bungalows and semi-detached homes eased by 2.3 per cent and 2 per cent respectively.

Excellent news. Playing a waiting game for a millionaires pad for a pittance.

A millionaire's pad? In Swindon? Crumbs!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Not in Swindon. I'm relocating.

It will be Hampshire, Surrey or West Sussex.

Comment

Not in Swindon. I'm relocating.

It will be Hampshire, Surrey or West Sussex.
        Almost as bad then.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I am dreaming of moving to a fantasy land.

In this fantasy land, I demand the following:

1. Speak English. I can't be arsed with foreign mumbo jumbo. Bloody foreigners.

2. Incredible weather. I demand only the perfect climate. A tropical paradise without storms or rain or anything that might upset me.

3. Mind blowing education system. In this fantasy land, there must be schools like I've seen on telly in posh places. Except I want it for free.

4. World class IT. I want this tropical paradise with free world beating English speaking schools to have superb high paying IT contracts. I require millions of these at eye watering rates.

5. Cheap property. Yes, I want a billionaires mansion in this tropical English speaking nirvana chock full of £2K per day IT contracts to have lots of cheap property. Maybe even free property.

If this place could be above a kebab shop, all the better.

TIA

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Almost as bad then.
          What's worse is he wants his pad above a kebab shop!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What's worse is he wants his pad above a kebab shop!
            I hear the helter-skelter on Brighton pier is up for sale. Maybe that's what he has in mind.

Comment

Working...
            X