• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there any Accountant Reccommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any Accountant Reccommendations?

Hi All

I know it has been asked many times before, but in going through the threads no one seems to reccommend anyone accountancy wise.

I can do the basic bookkeeping, but I am finding more and more that I don’t really want to. Time constraints are starting to get in the way…

I have made one or 2 enquiries to a couple of accountants picked of the PCG list but so far I’m not impressed when places take 1-2 weeks to answer an email of a prospective new client.

I would really appreciate it if there are any accountants people can recommend, to run the payroll, end of year bits and answer a few queries as and when? I appreciate that maybe you can’t name names but if you could message me that would be great as I would rather see a few recommendations then carry on ploughing through the PCG list.

Many Thanks

Hi Malteaser

If you've read through the threads on here you'll see SJD and Nixon Williams are probably the two most commonly used on here. They both do what you need. They each have websites that can be perused further. The rest is up to you.

Comment

Thanks for that, I am aware of the known 2.. I just wondered if there were others.

Cheers

Comment

I use http://www.nixonwilliams.com

Fully recommend them.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Out of interest, which ones took so long to reply?

(I use Uptons BTW)
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            I use http://www.nixonwilliams.com

Fully recommend them.
            I wouldn't recommend Nixon.

They are cheaper but their accountants are overloaded, so they never look into your papers. The result is you're wasting your time on correcting their mistakes.

Comment

You get what you pay for

I'm a believer in 'you get what you pay for'.

I find contractors want high net returns, therefore reduced fees are applied by accountants. Competing against dodgy brollies and MSC's, offshore tax havens - accountants have to be cheap and cheerful....and in the opinion of this forum, poor service is the result.

Doesn't surprise me. I always find that you will always get those that offer a better price for poorer service. Despite current economic trends I still am prepared to pay the price that should be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by frank size View Post
                I'm a believer in 'you get what you pay for'.

I find contractors want high net returns, therefore reduced fees are applied by accountants. Competing against dodgy brollies and MSC's, offshore tax havens - accountants have to be cheap and cheerful....and in the opinion of this forum, poor service is the result.

Doesn't surprise me. I always find that you will always get those that offer a better price for poorer service. Despite current economic trends I still am prepared to pay the price that should be paid.
                You've registered just to write one this message ?!

The price matters but it is not a guarantee of good quality of service.
                Last edited by ipguy; 22 February 2009, 10:55.

Comment

actually I've signed up to contribute to the board as I started contracting 12 months ago.

I have been reading the boards for a while now and have just signed up. A cynical attitude to new members is a common thread, I notice.

I feel honoured that I didn't sneak in quietly.

(oops 2 posts now!) ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ipguy View Post
                    I wouldn't recommend Nixon.

They are cheaper but their accountants are overloaded, so they never look into your papers. The result is you're wasting your time on correcting their mistakes.
                    Couldn't disagree more. I've had nothing but great service from Nixon Williams since I started using them.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X