• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve

I have been subscribed to jobserve alerts for some some now and used to receive a steady trickle of contract ads (perhaps dozens a day at one time). Recently the number I have received has slowed down markedly; yesterday none at all and today only two so far. Is it Jobserve or the contract market that is totally and utterly kaput and beyond repair?
    Eh? The contract market is currently booming
    11.11%
    Next week
    3.70%
    Spring or Summer this year
    22.22%
    Next year
    14.81%
    In a couple of years
    29.63%
    Never
    11.11%
    Obligatory AndyW option
    7.41%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I have been subscribed to jobserve alerts for some some now and used to receive a steady trickle of contract ads (perhaps dozens a day at one time). Recently the number I have received has slowed down markedly; yesterday none at all and today only two so far. Is it Jobserve or the contract market that is totally and utterly kaput and beyond repair?
    It's All in the Mind.

Dont forget start of March has always been a bit slow.

Comment

Jobserve is working at reduced capacity because there have been so many job postings by agents desperate to find contractors. They're working on an emergency database fix, and when that's in Jobserve will rocket to levels not seen since early 2000.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Deary me, do I really have to explain this?

During a boom time, agents have contracts that need filling and they have a pool of CV's on their computers. However, often the contractors that match will be in gainful work and can't fill the role.

Therefore agents will expend time and money putting contracts online to gather "benched" or "nearly benched" contractors to fill the roles.

During a great depression, like Brown's Depression we have now, there are few contract roles and the agents PC's are bursting with matching "benched" contractors.

Hence there is no need to advertise roles. Roles are matched to CV's at the agents office at no cost to the agents.

HTH

Comment

What really sums up the employment market is that there was a queue of over 3,000 people last week for 150 seasonal jobs at Twycross Zoo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...b-seekers.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            What really sums up the employment market is that there was a queue of over 3,000 people last week for 150 seasonal jobs at Twycross Zoo.

I think that's great. It shows the British have a hunger to work.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Or that we just like animals.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Will I get to shovel manure? I do plenty of that at clientco.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Will I get to shovel manure? I do plenty of that at clientco.
                  To answer the question that you omitted to ask, I have added a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

I agree, but the really sad thing is that we have a government that allows mass immigration into the UK because they are convinced that people in the UK do not want to take up low-paying jobs.

This proves what a lie that really is and the damage that is unnecessarily being done to our standards of living(eg: extra burdens on NHS, transport system, schools, housing, benefits system etc, ), by this stupid policy.

Comment

Working...
                    X