• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printer / Scanner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer / Scanner

Guys, I want a new printer / scanner that can print colour photos of a good quality.
    I ueed to have a Dell AIO 810 which had 4800 x 1200 dpi - which wasn't that good - if I get something with a bigger dpi will I get better quality prints?

Thanks
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Guys, I want a new printer / scanner that can print colour photos of a good quality.
    I ueed to have a Dell AIO 810 which had 4800 x 1200 dpi - which wasn't that good - if I get something with a bigger dpi will I get better quality prints?

Thanks
    The quality of prints is only as good as the dpi and the type of cartridges used. If you want good quality, then prepared to look at a dedicated colour laser quality printers, which would cost a lot. If you are happy to sacrafice on quality, have a look at Epson inkjet printers.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I picked up a HP 4280 combined scanner & inkjet printer (4800dpi) from Comet for something like £35 a few months back and so far its been great.

Scans to PDF at decent quality (which is primarily what I use it for), and also makes a far better job of photo printing that its predecessor, an HP940c, it does borderless printing and I'm really impressed with the quality.

I don't use it for day-to-day printing though,for that I have a HP Laser printer stuck in the garage.

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        The quality of prints is only as good as the dpi and the type of cartridges used. If you want good quality, then prepared to look at a dedicated colour laser quality printers, which would cost a lot. If you are happy to sacrafice on quality, have a look at Epson inkjet printers.
        And the paper it's printed on.
        I've had printers that will print really well on some photo paper and really crappy on others. It's worth experimenting with different makes of paper.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
          And the paper it's printed on.
          I've had printers that will print really well on some photo paper and really crappy on others. It's worth experimenting with different makes of paper.
          I forgot to mention that. Thanks for picking up on that point.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
          X