• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IT bods/contractors smarter than everyone else?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are IT bods/contractors smarter than everyone else?

Honest question. Do you think IT people are smarter than most other folk in business?

I don't mean the plodder permies but the switched on top guys and contractors.

Good at thinking in Black and White. But the world is often shades of grey and that does not compute
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
      Honest question. Do you think IT people are smarter than most other folk in business?

No, obviously. "IT person" is hardly the pinacle of human achivement is it.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

well I thought we were all rocket scientists ...

Comment

I am afraid to say that I am continually disappointed by the low level of intelligence, education, and even logic, of the general population here. Sorry.

Comment

I think we are 'stranger' then most - just have to see some of the posts in CUK to prove that one.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I am afraid to say that I am continually disappointed by the low level of intelligence, education, and even logic, of the general population here. Sorry.
              WHS
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"IT person" is hardly the pinnacle of human achievement is it.
                Yeah obviously rockstars and pimps and stuff have it worked out better...but in your average business environment.

I just mean you have to deal with complex issues so regularly that you just get better at working stuff out.

Comment

I don't think IT contractors are smarter, more smug and self opinionated yes.

Comment

Yeah obviously rockstars and pimps and stuff have it worked out better...but in your average business environment.

I just mean you have to deal with complex issues so regularly that you just get better at working stuff out.
                    What complex issues? Most of the tech side of IT is logically quite similar to being a motor mechanic.

Comment

Working...
                    X