• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need advice - Broadband plus telephone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice - Broadband plus telephone

Hi,

I'm renting a flat near London for 6 months.

Need a cheapish broadband and telephone package that doesn't tie me in to 12 months contract or charge me a whopping cancellation fee if I want to ditch them.
    Any suggestions? The flat has BT phone line but I personally hate BT so looking ideally for a full internet and phone package that means BT don't (directly) get my money. As I said, must be able to cancel the deal at a months notice in less than 12 months.

DP.

Can't you just piggy-back on next door neighbours wireless connection ?

Comment

I don't think so. Please try harder.

Comment

Take a look at Virgin
        http://www.virgin.net/internetaccess...t=256&LID=ncbe

No contract and the prices look reasonable.

Comment

Im with Bulldog on 8 Megabit ADSL and phone line £30 for unlimited ADSL and £10.50 for the phone line (same as BT). I know some people have had problems with them but mine works like a charm.... 'The contract length for Bulldog @ctive 8 meg broadband is 1 month.'. Best to double check if that includes the phone line - i didnt care as Id just do a runner.

Bittorrent likes 8 megabit too :-)
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

P.S cheers to the neighbour who has an open Nildram 2 meg connection on a WiFi named 'moo' in Stockbridge - v useful when im in my lounge on the laptop.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I don't think the Prawn would approve of that.

"Please try harder".

Comment

Working...
              X