• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire Dales suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorkshire Dales suggestions

I'm looking at taking new gf chef to the yorkshire dales (has her heart set on the place for some reason) for a weekend away..

i'm looking for suggestions or recommendations of somewhere romantic, has decent food, cosy room and easy access to the dales for walks..

Mr & Mrs Smith suggested a place in Harrogate but i was after something more countryside/village based..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

that place where they film last of the summer wine, Holmfirth I think. Take her for pie and chips in the cafe! That's what a Yorkshire man would do, and he'd get her to go Dutch.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 March 2009, 16:22.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

http://www.thedevonshirearms.co.uk/

Just outside Skipton (3 - 4 miles), access to a ruined Abbey, lots of walks etc. Very, very nice.

Comment

Masham is worth considering, with the added bonus of the Black Sheep Brewery

Other than that, The Blue Lion in East Witton is well worth a look.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The Austwick Traddock Hotel is an excellent hotel deep in the Dales.
          Good food, beer and excellent walking.

If you want good walking off the beaton trail, try the northern Dales. Places like Muker, Gunnerside and Reeth. Spent a very merry weekend in the pub in Reeth a few years ago - landlady kept trying to persuade us to buy an old pub.

BTW - another one - the George at Hubberholm, good walking with at least 2/3 other pubs in close walking distance (2/3 miles).

Enjoy it - and the Black Sheep - excellent beer.
          Beer
          is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

all good suggestions, cosy boutique b&b's preferred over country house hotels.. i'll check them all out later..

thanks
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
            X