• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much salay do you pay yourself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much salay do you pay yourself

Apparently minimum wage salary for this tax years is £11250 with a tax bill of whopping £2270 . Is it worth it ?
    How many of you pay yourself minimum wage ?
    minimum wage £11250
    62.16%
    approx £5000
    37.84%

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Apparently minimum wage salary for this tax years is £11250 with a tax bill of whopping £2270 . Is it worth it ?
    How many of you pay yourself minimum wage ?
    If you have IR35 insurance it tends to say you have to pay yourself NMW otherwise you will have to pay an excess of about £3000 on any claim...

Otherwise you might as well just pay yourself the bare minimum...I would imagine anyway...

Comment

what about an option for "> minimum wage" ?

Comment

Minimum wage following advice from my accountant. But I always wonder about not paying any salary. You'd pay more tax, but you'd save the hassle of PAYE and surely earning only dividends helps your "I'm a real business defence". Well maybe.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

only ever paid a directors salary circa Lower Earnings Threshold for NI, so about £5200 a year.

Don't see the point in paying more tax than is LEGALLY required!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            only ever paid a directors salary circa Lower Earnings Threshold for NI, so about £5200 a year.

WHS

Minimum wage of £11250 unnecessarily implies you work a full working day - since you are not accountable for your hours why spell it out.
            "take me to your leader"

Comment

I paid myself a lot less than that. lol.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

My accountant suggested to pay minimum wages when i started the company 4 years ago since then I have been paying all this tax unnecessarily.

Will it raise any objection from hectar if I lower my salary to £5000 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  My accountant suggested to pay minimum wages when i started the company 4 years ago since then I have been paying all this tax unnecessarily.

Will it raise any objection from hectar if I lower my salary to £5000 now.
                  A bit like running a flag up a flag pole, huh?
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    I paid myself a lot less than that. lol.
                    I can't see any reason to do that unless you have salary from elsewhere that uses your allowances. Surely the minor hassle of filling in a few forms once a year is worth 1200 quid?

Comment

Working...
                    X