• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual Return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Return

I am the only shareholder of my Ltd Co.

My Ltd Co has 100 shares issued but I have only purchased 1 share. (99 shares remain the property of the company). The 99 remaining shares gives me/Co the flexibility of adding more shareholders in the future if warranted.

Is this legit? And therefore on my company annual return (363a) I should state that there are 100 shares and I own 1 of them, making me the 100% shareholder.

This is what I stated on my company articles and memorandum but I don't know if Companies House looks at that when they issue company registration.

Thanks in advance.

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by EchoSierra View Post
      I am the only shareholder of my Ltd Co.

My Ltd Co has 100 shares issued but I have only purchased 1 share. (99 shares remain the property of the company). The 99 remaining shares gives me/Co the flexibility of adding more shareholders in the future if warranted.

Is this legit? And therefore on my company annual return (363a) I should state that there are 100 shares and I own 1 of them, making me the 100% shareholder.

This is what I stated on my company articles and memorandum but I don't know if Companies House looks at that when they issue company registration.

Thanks in advance.
      It is very common and acceptable to have an authorised share capital of 100 shares and only one in issue

Comment

re :Annual return

You are getting confused between Authorised share capital and issued share capital.

Authorised shares are the maximum number of shares upto which you can raise your capital. Issued is actual number of shares issued.

In your case you have 100 shares as authorised shares out of which 1 share is issued.

In annual return u need to fill issued share ie 1 share in your case.

Comment

You also have to pay for your issued share!

Then its and "Issued and Fully paid share".

Comment

Originally posted by Little'Old Me View Post
            You also have to pay for your issued share!

Then its and "Issued and Fully paid share".
            Aye. My accountant just credited by DLC by £1 at the start of the first trading year.

Comment

Working...
            X