• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warchest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warchest

When you all speak about your warchest's, is this money you have left in the company to take at later dates, or money you have taken out in a a way to minimise your tax exposure and kept in personal bank accounts?
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

For me it is both. It is any money I can get my hands on.

Comment

either, it's the money/assets that you have in whatever form that come the time when there is no work available you dip into this "warchest" to survive and maintain your current lifestyle
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        to survive and maintain your current lifestyle
        or in the current economic climate, living on a diet of spaghetti hoops on toast.

Comment

Decent savings account for company warchest

Hi. my ltd like many will be operating with masses of cash waiting to pay VAT man, Corp tax, and just for a rainy day. So do any of you have a decent biz account which pays interest?

I've been with Alliance and Leicester since we incorporated, they paid 3.5% AER (i think it was 1% below base rate or some such). Now the base rate is pants, they had to put a special rate of 0.1% in place to stop their systems crashing...

So who's got a decent UK based biz bank account which pays interest? and online instance access..? or even 30/90day access would be fine.
          Cheers, rich

Comment

Originally posted by richy View Post
            Hi. my ltd like many will be operating with masses of cash waiting to pay VAT man, Corp tax, and just for a rainy day. So do any of you have a decent biz account which pays interest?

I've been with Alliance and Leicester since we incorporated, they paid 3.5% AER (i think it was 1% below base rate or some such). Now the base rate is pants, they had to put a special rate of 0.1% in place to stop their systems crashing...

So who's got a decent UK based biz bank account which pays interest? and online instance access..? or even 30/90day access would be fine.
            Cheers, rich
            Check out standard life. The bonus account was paying 3.7% until next week.

http://www.standardlife.co.uk/conten...ess_index.html

Still reasonable deals to be had.

Comment

From my perspective my Warchest is money that I've already paid all taxes and liabilities on so I know exactly how much I have available.

Obviously people treat theirs their own way and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                Check out standard life. The bonus account was paying 3.7% until next week.

http://www.standardlife.co.uk/conten...ess_index.html

Still reasonable deals to be had.
                yeah I'm applying for that one, paperwork is a pain though

Comment

Working...
                X