• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Fat' holidaymakers asked to move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Fat' holidaymakers asked to move

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4356760.stm

"An air hostess on a flight with too many tourists at the back asked eight fat people to move forward, a 24st passenger claims.
    The Tenerife-to-Gatwick flight was taxiing on the runway when volunteers from rows 31 to 42 were asked to move.

Peter Harrison, from Herts, said: "It must have been quite humiliating."

Operators Thomsonfly denied the word "fat" was used and said people were asked to move because the plane's weight distribution was unbalanced.
    ",

Milan.

Operators Thomsonfly denied the word "fat" was used

Originally posted by milanbenes
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4356760.stm

"An air hostess on a flight with too many tourists at the back asked eight fat people to move forward, a 24st passenger claims.
    The Tenerife-to-Gatwick flight was taxiing on the runway when volunteers from rows 31 to 42 were asked to move.

Peter Harrison, from Herts, said: "It must have been quite humiliating."

Operators Thomsonfly denied the word "fat" was used and said people were asked to move because the plane's weight distribution was unbalanced.
    ",

Milan.
    Although I understand 'Porky f*ckers' was used.
    Why not?

Comment

"Could I ask the larger gentleman to move to the left hand side of the plane please as there a far to many Anerexic blonde bimbos on the right!!!!!

Comment

It's a bit of sensational non-news really. The plane was a B-757 that can carry around 240 passengers - 8 fat b'stards are not going to make too much difference to the CofG (centre of gravity) on a commercial jet of that size.

However, if the flight is running a very light fuel profile and ALL the passengers are in the back of the plane then this may affect the flight handling characteristics. It's simply a case of getting the passengers to fill the middle of the plane.

This is more important in smaller aircraft such as KingAirs, Twin Otters etc where this unfavourable weight distribution can adversely increase the stall speed and effect the a/c attitude.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          It's a bit of sensational non-news really. The plane was a B-757 that can carry around 240 passengers - 8 fat b'stards are not going to make too much difference to the CofG (centre of gravity) on a commercial jet of that size.

However, if the flight is running a very light fuel profile and ALL the passengers are in the back of the plane then this may affect the flight handling characteristics. It's simply a case of getting the passengers to fill the middle of the plane.

This is more important in smaller aircraft such as KingAirs, Twin Otters etc where this unfavourable weight distribution can adversely increase the stall speed and effect the a/c attitude, or the CofG (centre of gravity) .

Or perhaps is was the 8 tons of Doughnuts and assorted cakes an fizzy pop thet these fat bastards were eating at the time. Now would that adversely increase the stall speed and effect the a/c attitude??
          Last edited by steve'O; 19 October 2005, 14:42.

Comment

Also, if the aircraft is lightly loaded surely the passengers would welcome the chance to spread out...

Comment

Have you ever tried to "spread out" in a commercial jet ??

Comment

A fat lass was put in the seat next to me, and I started giggling when they were trying to get the arm rest to go down.

Stewardess gave me a right dirty look, which made me laugh out loud.

I then got a right ticking off and was "asked" to move.

Which was nice (I didn't fancy sitting next to some fat b4st4rd anyways).
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  A fat lass was put in the seat next to me, and I started giggling when they were trying to get the arm rest to go down.

Stewardess gave me a right dirty look, which made me laugh out loud.

I then got a right ticking off and was "asked" to move.

Which was nice (I didn't fancy sitting next to some fat b4st4rd anyways).
                  Funny, that's just what she said!

Comment

who ate all the pies....who ate all the pie's...that fat fu*ker did, that fat fu*ker did!!!
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X