• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why bother...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why bother...

...interviewing a load of contractors who are way better qualified then give the job to an internal candidate

Back to Jobserve...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Plenty cheapness.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Plenty cheapness.
      Probably true, although it was a tulip rate anyway
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Probably true, although it was a tulip rate anyway
        I’m delighted by all this plenty cheapness in the market right now. It means there will be lots of hopeless tulipware going into production which will need replacing within about a year, creating lots of work for expensive barstewards like me. Yes, Mr ClientCo, I can give you a full audit on the quality of your systems AND a plan to improve your testing department; many many pounds per hour will do just fine!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          ...interviewing a load of contractors who are way better qualified then give the job to an internal candidate

Back to Jobserve...
          Public Sector? Don't they have to do this?

Comment

I had an interview on Wednesday for a pretty low tech gig that I was way over qualified for but needs must and all that, I felt like I had to convince the guy that I would be happy doing the job as he kept telling me how simple and boring it was.

Not heard a thing so I assume he thought I'd be off at the drop of a hat should something better turn up, why interview me if they think I'm over qualified?

I'm a bit pissed off that I wasted an afternoon and a tenners worth of petrol TBH, doesn't do much for your self esteem either as it most probably ruined my 100% interview to offer ratio.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Your lucky you got an interview. With me they looked at my CV today and said to the agent over qualified... So now I'm gonna tune my CV down to very basic "msi application packager, App-v virtualisation and testing".

Just cant wait for when windows 7 comes out and all companies have to repackage their apps... Ka-chiiing $$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                it most probably ruined my 100% interview to offer ratio.
                Join the police if you want to keep it...

IGMC

Comment

Working...
                X