• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local SMTP Server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local SMTP Server

I have a Buffalo NAS device which would like to send occasional status messages to me by email using SMTP, but there's no option to specify SMTP server login details, so I'm supposing I need a local SMTP server running on the LAN.

Any advice / recommendations ?

I downloaded this one but it doesn't run as a service or minimise to the notification area, which is a bit crap IMO.

< Vista use the bundled smtp server that comes with IIS

For Vista+ you could try:
    http://www.smartertools.com/SmarterM...il-Server.aspx - a very feature packed free product!

I also had a C# smtp server I was playing with a while back if you were also after source code. I found it on codeproject.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

I can highly recommend hMailServer.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I used to use LANsuite when it was free, now called Groupware. Happy days they were.
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Used to use Hamster a lot when I was testing software (with Popcorn as the client.)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X