• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, who was it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, who was it...

Tesco tills hit by tech problems
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8043638.stm

Tesco says 67 of its 2,184 UK supermarkets had to close temporarily because of computer problems at its tills, causing disruption for shoppers.

A spokeswoman said that the problems were caused by a routine upgrade to the company's IT system.

The company said that the "glitch" had been rectified at many stores and the remaining few would open shortly.

Customers reported long queues and difficulties paying at both regular and self-service checkouts.

Problems were reported in Worcester, Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, Mold in North Wales, and Northern Ireland.

Texts sent to BBC Radio 5 Live also told of payment problems at stores in Tring, Hertfordshire, and Oakham, Rutland.

"We have had an IT update overnight, which has affected a minority of our stores. They have had to reboot the tills in those stores," the spokeswoman said.

"We have already heard of plenty of instances where stores have rectified the problem, and we are very confident it will be cleared up very soon," she added.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

I would put money on it being a microsoft patch.

Comment

Mmmmm Milan was working during the weekend...
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I was in tesco this morning and the tills were going crazy - only the self serve ones would take cash and all the operated ones would only take cards.... bizarre! The staff were looking pretty harassed!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I think it may be one of Bob's bloopers - plenty cheapness

If this is not still the case someone please let me know

snigger
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I was in tesco this morning and the tills were going crazy - only the self serve ones would take cash and all the operated ones would only take cards.... bizarre! The staff were looking pretty harassed!
            Heavy, the machines are taking over .....

I think I'd be using cash at the moment until all the tills have been 'rebooted'
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was in tesco this morning and the tills were going crazy...
              Were they going crazy before you got there, and it did it all kick off after you arrived?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Were they going crazy before you got there, and it did it all kick off after you arrived?
                Nope... it was already crazy!!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nope... it was already crazy!!
                  Just checking

Comment

Doesnt Sock Puppet work in the retail / supply chain sector? Or am I thinking of someone else?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X