• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgium: umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgium: umbrella companies

Going as far back as a year in the contractoruk archives, I've gathered these umbrella companies that can operate in Belgium:
    • ITECs
    • Connexion (presumably dead)
    • Albany
    • AFSS
    • Vonessen Group
    • PBP Group
    • Talant International

Any others?

After contacting 10 or so other umbrellas from www.umbrellasupermarket.com, half of them responded that they cannot do business in Belgium or apply for Belgian work permits, and the others didn't respond.

Others

Originally posted by candyflipper View Post
    Going as far back as a year in the contractoruk archives, I've gathered these umbrella companies that can operate in Belgium:
    • ITECs
    • Albany
    • AFSS
    • Vonessen Group
    • PBP Group
    • Talant International

Any others?

After contacting 10 or so other umbrellas from www.thissiteisnotworthvisiting .com, half of them responded that they cannot do business in Belgium or apply for Belgian work permits, and the others didn't respond.
    Capital Consulting
    Conto Direct Ltd- (Good reasonable fees NL)

They all charge about €450+ a month which is a rip off compared to UK umbrellas which average £125 a month.

I am currently investigating going the independant route as I live in Belgium but with the problem that I work more outside Belgium than in Belgium.
    I believe you have to pay a minimum of €625 a quarter about €1800 year
    or 21% of income

Comment

• ITECs
      • Albany
      • AFSS
      • Vonessen Group
      • PBP Group
      • Talant International

Any others?

After contacting 10 or so other umbrellas from www.thissiteisnotworthvisiting .com, half of them responded that they cannot do business in Belgium or apply for Belgian work permits, and the others didn't respond.
      Try TRESAG in Swiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
        Capital Consulting
        Conto Direct Ltd- (Good reasonable fees NL)

They all charge about €450+ a month which is a rip off compared to UK umbrellas which average £125 a month.

I am currently investigating going the independant route as I live in Belgium but with the problem that I work more outside Belgium than in Belgium.
        I believe you have to pay a minimum of €625 a quarter about €1800 year
        or 21% of income
        This relates to social security payments which is less that employer contributions+ employee contributions

Comment

Originally posted by Pepso View Post
          Try TRESAG in Swiss.
          Try Pearl also

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
            Try Pearl also
            Pearl and Capital Consulting are a bit tough to find; do you have a link for them?

Searching for Pearl results in hundreds of links to pearl colored umbrellas; and lots of companies in various industries seem to think a bland generic name like Capital Consulting is a good name. Is it capitalconsulting.info?

BTW, does anyone know why Umbrella Supermarket would be a "sitenotworthvisiting"? Seems like a good site, with a ranking and lots of detailed umbrella ratings.
            Last edited by candyflipper; 19 May 2009, 16:40.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Pearl and Capital Consulting are a bit tough to find; do you have a link for them?

Searching for Pearl results in hundreds of links to pearl colored umbrellas; and lots of companies in various industries seem to think a bland generic name like Capital Consulting is a good name. Is it capitalconsulting.info?

BTW, does anyone know why Umbrella Supermarket would be a "sitenotworthvisiting"? Seems like a good site, with a ranking and lots of detailed umbrella ratings.
              http://www.capitaltaxconsulting.com/
              http://www.pearl-systems.com/contact.htm

Comment

[QUOTE=candyflipper;845480]Going as far back as a year in the contractoruk archives, I've gathered these umbrella companies that can operate in Belgium:

What is your actual situation?

Are you a UK resident wishing to work in Belgium on a one off contract?
                Do you have long term ambitions in Belgium ie a Belgian partner?

Comment

This site censors links that might be to competitor sites.

Comment

Alternative to a belgian payroll company

[QUOTE=Brussels Slumdog;846424]I am currently investigating going the independant route as I live in Belgium but with the problem that I work more outside Belgium than in Belgium.

The Belgian independent route for long term stays.

Go to a "Guichets d'entreprises" find an address via internet in French.
                    I found someone at the one I went to who spoke English

Bring a copy of your degree/deploma or some form of proof of your expertise.
                    It may need to be translated so they will let me know.

I showed my Belgian Resident card so I don't know whether the accept Passports.

The next step takes 1 to 2 hours.

Registration
                    They apply and activate your VAT number
                    Costs €135
                    Register within 3 months with a mutual for social security otherwise the state
                    will choose one of their choice.
                    Deregistration when you leave Belgium
                    Costs €125

You must pay a minimum of about €600 a quarter or 22% of your income
                    which ever is the greater.

Fees invoiced
                    Less Expenses
                    Net Revenue
                    22% soc security
                    Taxable Income
                    Tax
                    Take home pay.

Comment

Working...
                    X