• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bite Consulting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bite Consulting

Anyone used these guys? They dont look like your normal agency.

Mailman

Correct

Quite right they certainly do not sound like your typical agency.

Not only do YOU pay them but they expect some rather "interesting" commitments from those who

I like the way they will "advertise" your availability by essentially placing your details on a website which no client will ever visit and spamming clients with your CV. Someone convince me I have picked this up wrong.

They are making the fatal mistake of assuming that the contracting world revolves around contractors. It doesn't - it revolves around the client. Without a client you can't place anyone. You can still make placements without contractors on board though. Their model is the wrong way round. I considered and ditched this way of working ages ago. There are no real benefits for contractors using and PAYING for this scheme compared to normal agencies and there are some pretty serious downsides IMO.

The only surprise here is that you felt you had to ask for others opinions on this......unless of course you have an involvement in that company.

Comment

Haha...no involvement for me Oak

Thought they sounded a bit dodgy thats all

Mailman

Comment

Re: Outsourced Sales

This IS the way forward if someone can make it work. It USED to be the way agents did business many years ago, operating as an outsourced sales force for a commission. But among the things that happened were: dodgy contractors failed to pay, the scumverment changed the rules, PAYE temp agencies moved in on the market.

The worst of these three was the scumverment changes, forward planning for making all self-employed into employees using schedule D/E tests and by making agencies pay over tax and NI on anyone who didn't and hitting them for employers NI on those that did. This led in major part to agencies only using incorporated contractors. IR35 is just the next part in this saga and a return to the old structure would place you ALL outside IR35 - until the scumverment changes the rules again.

PS The Scumvernment that introduced the above legislation was ..........

The Conservative Government.

Comment

They are...

I had a meeting with them in 2003, when I arrived in England looking for work. Basically they'll try and get you to sign a piece of paper which'll entitle them to 15% of your earnings on your first contract, that's after the Agent has taken their cut also. Once you sign, it doesn't matter how you find the contract, you'll owe them 15%. Hence, I didn't sign... thank god.

Comment

Re: They are...

Interesting comments.

Mailman

Comment

Message from BITE Consulting

Message from BITE Consulting,

No, we are not a typical agency – we do a lot more! We are a career management and contractor marketing provider and work together with agencies across the UK.

No, we don’t spam agents or clients with CV’s, our close ties with over 1000 agencies across the UK and some direct client, allow our contractors to quickly secure contracts, because agents have confidence and trust the quality of CV’s that we do pass on. We only send CV’s when a contractor is looking for a new contract – unlike most other companies that merely “harvest” CV’s and store them in a database. Your CV is also sent to clients or agents who regularly call us directly looking for a contractor, if the job matches your skills. No spamming here either, CV’s are always requested, a service which our contractors and agencies are very pleased with.

FEES: 15% = Full managed job search

No job, no fee. Yes, we’re that confident in finding you the right contract, or we won’t sign you up in the first place.

The fee drops after the first 65 working days. You need to discuss the fee structure with a careers advisor during an interview, it’s based on the level of service or support you need. Launch your IT Contracting career in the UK and start earning market rates, anyone can get a contract in the UK, getting the right one is the tough part. Not to mention all the paperwork and legal aspects of contacting, BITE can provide you with as much support as you need.

Originally posted by oaksoft
              Quite right they certainly do not sound like your typical agency.

Not only do YOU pay them but they expect some rather "interesting" commitments from those who

I like the way they will "advertise" your availability by essentially placing your details on a website which no client will ever visit and spamming clients with your CV. Someone convince me I have picked this up wrong.

They are making the fatal mistake of assuming that the contracting world revolves around contractors. It doesn't - it revolves around the client. Without a client you can't place anyone. You can still make placements without contractors on board though. Their model is the wrong way round. I considered and ditched this way of working ages ago. There are no real benefits for contractors using and PAYING for this scheme compared to normal agencies and there are some pretty serious downsides IMO.

The only surprise here is that you felt you had to ask for others opinions on this......unless of course you have an involvement in that company.
              Last edited by scotspine; 2 August 2007, 11:08.

Comment

Never have I seen such a clear case of
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by BITEconsulting
                  Message from BITE Consulting,

No, we are not a typical agency – we do a lot more! We are a career management and contractor marketing provider and work together with agencies across the UK.
                  Career management? for a contractor??

And contacting agencies, for 15%???

You can not be serious!
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

So, for new arrivals to Blighty only? Or have I got that wrong?

And the 15% - is that all-in?

Comment

Working...
                    X