• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal tax return £50 as an expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal tax return £50 as an expense?

Hi
    I read this: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004373.html

My understanding is I can't put this down as a biz expense (and reimburse myself).

I rent my old house out, and pay an accountant to prepare my personal tax return. I had been putting the £50 down as an "other expense" on that personal tax return (in the following year).. so is that allowed?

Cheers, richy

It is my understanding that personal tax return fees can not be claimed (or if they ar then it is a BIK).

This is why my accountant charges me a little more than some others for my company return, but then does me a personal one free of charge
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Most accountants will do your personal tax return for free, if you pay them up to do your business accounts.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Yep, personal return = "no charge" from my accountants.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
          It is my understanding that personal tax return fees can not be claimed (or if they ar then it is a BIK).
          Ok, great, thanks for all the replies. cheers, richy

Comment

Only if you are an MP

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
              Only if you are an MP
              We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

Working...
              X