• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millioneth English Word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millioneth English Word

"Web 2.0"

if it just me or is that 2 words??
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

"millioneth"? Is that supposed to be word number 1,000,001 then?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      "millioneth"? Is that supposed to be word number 1,000,001 then?

Theid Umthlungen, Millioneth!
      Diethen Kuth der ganthen Welt!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
        "Web 2.0"

if it just me or is that 2 words??
        It looks to me like one word and one number, which doesn't seem right. Can you include numbers?

Isn't pi a commonly used number? On this basis shouldn't 3.1416...etc be included in its most accurate known form in the OED?

Comment

Is Windows 3.1 already in there?

Comment

Did you know that "Blighty" actually comes from a Hindustani word which means "foreign"?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              Did you know that "Blighty" actually comes from a Hindustani word which means "foreign"?
              Ferengi.

Comment

Working...
              X