• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer.

So you get it, they operate, you get the all clear YAY!!!!!!!

Then it comes back 6 months later and you die.

Is this the norm now?
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Is this the norm now?
    I think survival rates are better than they've ever been.

Had a very good friend who had this scenario, and it turned out the 2nd bout, so to speak, was a false positive and she's fit and dandy.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Is this the norm now?
      My best mate had a cancerous mole removed from his back and 5 years later he got the all clear.

Almost straight after that he discovered lumps under his armpit so he had those removed and was alright for another two years then some more came up and he was told there was nothing that could be done, he died 11 months later leaving a wife and a 3 year old, he was just 37.

Life fecking stinks sometimes, I think of him every day.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        My best mate had a cancerous mole removed from his back and 5 years later he got the all clear.

Almost straight after that he discovered lumps under his armpit so he had those removed and was alright for another two years then some more came up and he was told there was nothing that could be done, he died 11 months later leaving a wife and a 3 year old, he was just 37.

Life fliping stinks sometimes, I think of him every day.
        Uh-huh. There's another side of being 58 and wondering what I'm going to do next: I've already had a lot more than some people got.

I wandered around a graveyard with a camera the other day, and one of the non-photographic things that struck me was how many of those gravestones gave an age that was less than mine.

Comment

Is this the norm now?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Is this the norm now?
            I ****ing hope not.

Mum's breast cancer caught on screening in April this year. Operated on in May. Currently going through radio therapy (finishes next week). All looking very good so far.
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Detection rates are improving and treatment rates are improving but there's an almost constant fact that for every ten that are caught a number are missed and patients die as a consequence.

Comment

Well like I was just telling Cailin...

One of my best friends had Ovarian cancer 18 months ago and had an op to remove her overies and everything else "down there".

She got the all clear after 6 months.

3 months ago she started getting pains "down there", and low and behold it had came back.

She died on Friday.

34 year old. 2 kids.

But this seems to be the norm now - I know 2 other women at the minute for who'm it has come back within 2 years (one is terminal now).
                And then obviously our belovved Jade (that was a joke -but same scenario).

Do they give these "all clear" 's to make the ******* stats look better or something?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

It's quite telling that a lot of mortgage insurance companies often pay out in full all clear or not.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sorry to hear that SA.

I believe the blanket term cancer covers so many types, some of which are becoming much more treatable and detectable, others (lung, liver and pancreatic spring to mind) are still almost a certain death sentence.

It's hard to tell if cancer has metastasised and hence will re-emerge down the line.

Comment

Working...
                    X