• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James from Hays IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James from Hays IT

Just had a call from a guy called James from Hays IT, he tells me I look great for a role he has with a client called Horizon IT in Liverpool Street.

He asked me where I am interviewing and I tell him some crap like a local gov client. he then hangs up.

I call Hays IT and they tell me there is a guy claiming to work for them who hangs up after he gets some leads and it's starting to bother them!

Anyone else get this?

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Anyone else get this?
    Yup
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
      Just had a call from a guy called James from Hays IT, he tells me I look great for a role he has with a client called Horizon IT in Liverpool Street.

He asked me where I am interviewing and I tell him some crap like a local gov client. he then hangs up.

I call Hays IT and they tell me there is a guy claiming to work for them who hangs up after he gets some leads and it's starting to bother them!

Anyone else get this?
      What a ****.

Comment

I had the same thing from a 'Chris' at Computer Futures. I didn't give him any information and he still hung up

Comment

There's obviously some nasty impersonating going on! We should all tell the next agent who calls, that we need to check on his/her identity first - they are to give two contact names and numbers where they work - and then hang up.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            I had the same thing from a 'Chris' at Computer Futures. I didn't give him any information and he still hung up
            Gosh that is such a coincidence becasue I've had people call me with a load of waffle pretending to work for them too.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

"James" from Hays? 11th May he called me. My notes say "Non gig: fishing for leads".

I had one supposedly from Elan.

I had a bloke claiming to be "Rob Brian" of An-Agency-I-Know saying Fred Bloggs will call me. I know Fred Bloggs; I phoned him after a few days; he had just got back from 2 weeks leave. He has never heard of "Rob Brian".
              If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Did I do that?
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
                  "Rob Brian" of An-Agency-I-Know
                  Their website seems to be offline at the moment
                  http://www.anagencyiknow.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Numpty;880371]"Non gig: fishing for leads".

QUOTE]

But Why does he have to impersonate? We already know that more than half of the calls from agencies these days are from stupid agents having nothing to do, apart from fishing for leads. They don't impersonate..do they?

Comment

Working...
                    X