• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rockabilly on a Jazz guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockabilly on a Jazz guitar

...having had a practice with a new drummer and double bass player, we had a great rythm, and then after watching an inspirational video of Brian Setzer on that Gretsch I now thinking maybe get a wide body guitar after all.

I'm going for the VOX VT modelling amp as I really need Line out for recording, and you can get that cool Fender Tweed sound.

Now I would like to do Jazz at some point so maybe I could do Rockabilly on a Jazz guitar, eg that cool Ibanez, but then does the twang go missing. These Rockabilly guitars have different pickups.

Any rockabilly experts out there?
    I'm alright Jack

I'm a Rockabilly expert but only in the sense that I used to do the Chelsea Cruise in my 56 Velox and know who Mac Curtis is.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
    X