• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots who drive only in the outside lane....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots who drive only in the outside lane....

... should be shot on sight. came across 5 of them last night on M40/M25 : just because their was a tad of rain last night ( )they think its okay not to pull over when road is almost empty.

Hope the selfish c**ts get swine flu. and aids. and die a slow painful death.

there

Why not just overtake them? That's what I'd do.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How can you overtake them if they are already in the outside lane. I tend to drive only in this lane, but my driving style tends to be drive to catch up with the car in front. If somebody is catching me then I move and let them pass.

Undertaking is dangerous as often the car being passed to then start to move into the middle lane.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Can't wait till all cars have a black box spy on board with a direct link the the speeding ticket office.

That'll calm you down a bit.

Especially when the limit on motorways is dropped to 50 MPH on environmental grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Can't wait till all cars have a black box spy on board with a direct link the the speeding ticket office.

Especially when the limit on motorways is dropped to 50 MPH on environmental grounds.
          I'll be much happier when cars drive themselves on the motorway. We''l be able to fit 1000s more cars on the roads and everybody will know exactly how long it takes to get from one junction to the next. That will be lovely.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There will be no such thing as speeding tickets as the car will not be able to go over the speed limit.

** The loss of revenue if cars are auto limited to speed is one reason why auto limiters will never be compulsory.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              There will be no such thing as speeding tickets as the car will not be able to go over the speed limit.

** The loss of revenue if cars are auto limited to speed is one reason why auto limiters will never be compulsory.
              Indeed. You will be free to speed as much as you like, until the 1 yr ban and £5000 fine lands on your doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                How can you overtake them if they are already in the outside lane. I tend to drive only in this lane, but my driving style tends to be drive to catch up with the car in front. If somebody is catching me then I move and let them pass.

Undertaking is dangerous as often the car being passed to then start to move into the middle lane.
                Overtaking on the inside is only dangerous in so far as the driver being overtaken may pull in without looking first. But the same applies the other way round, overtaking on the outside is dangerous because the driver being overtaken may pull out without looking first.

Overtaking on the inside is normal in some countries, e.g. the USA (or at least the New Jersey Turnpike).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

As long as there is an empty lane between you and them and they are travelling at less than any local speed limits, you are perfectly at liberty to undertake. Let's face it, you do it all the time when the motorways are queuing up.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Let me guess.

Driving gloves, Trilby hat and you still haven't had to replace the tyres on your Morris Traveller.

Am I warm, grandad?

Say, I'm not going anywhere on Sunday afternoon, so I don't mind if you go out on "a circular driving tour" to count buttercups on the driveways.

FFS, it's meant to be a means to GET SOMEWHERE.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X