• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed - SLA owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed - SLA owners

Doing some work identifying responsibilities...

Now, this is for an internal development of a new application. it is project delivered. No service managers, just users. Service desk and tech support only responsible for support.

There is no real owner, although the user will sign off.

Question: who is the owner of the SLA and will maintain this going forward?

Any relevant comments welcome!

Cheers
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Doing some work identifying responsibilities...

Now, this is for an internal development of a new application. it is project delivered. No service managers, just users. Service desk and tech support only responsible for support.

There is no real owner, although the user will sign off.

Question: who is the owner of the SLA and will maintain this going forward?

Any relevant comments welcome!

Cheers
    Whos paying for it and will the user be the owner when its complete?? Probably a joint ownership thing if its used internally.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
      Whos paying for it and will the user be the owner when its complete?? Probably a joint ownership thing if its used internally.

PZZ
      its a new procurement system. The project will approve and handed it to ICT to support. Therefore they are responsible for the service and hours of service etc? so ICT?

Have i just answered my own question?
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

The business user is the owner of the SLA. If they aren't, what use is an SLA in the first place?

That said, most SLAs are utterly useless for their intended purpose anyway, since they do nothing to drive coninual improvement.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If in doubt, turn it off - the first person to call you is now the business owner! Ask them how soon they need it back, they will say "shall be down for no more than 10 minutes at any time" You tell them how much that will cost in terms of resiliency then you agree on an SLA of 4 hours.

Never fails

Comment

Working...
          X