• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help: Dessert Suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Dessert Suggestions

OK, we' re hosting a very important dinner party next week, we've got guests coming who have tried both my speciality desserts so I need a sophisticated yet easy to prepare in advance dessert that we can wow them with.

It can't be Tiramisu or chocolate pot type things as they are both of mine that I've done already. Would anyone care to share their prize "afters" recipe?

p.s. Nothing with chutney, thanks.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Key Lime Pie?
    Lemon Meringue Pie?
    Raspberry Pavlova?
    Cheesecake of some type?

Comment

Raspberry mousse can be prepared in advance and chilled. Easy and quick to make but seems posh.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Key Lime Pie?
        Lemon Meringue Pie?
        Raspberry Pavlova?
        Cheesecake of some type?
        Are they easy and what's the recipe?
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Better ideas:
          - Queen of Puddings (rarely served any more but really scrummy);
          - Eton Mess (always impresses)
          - bread & butter pudding with proper egg custard
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Raspberry mousse can be prepared in advance and chilled. Easy and quick to make but seems posh.
            Not a bad idea but I worry it's not sophisticated enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Better ideas:
              - Queen of Puddings (rarely served any more but really scrummy);
              - Eton Mess (always impresses)
              - bread & butter pudding with proper egg custard
              Yep I like Eton Mess - now you're talkin'!

Comment

Cranachan

I prefer the traditional mix-your-own version: dump the whisky-cream, toasted oats and raspberries in three separate bowls in the middle of the table and let everybody get stuck in.

Comment

Have you tried the kulfi?

Comment

Banoffee Pie.

The "microwave method" is really easy and the results are outstanding. Ginger Nuts or chocolate Hob Nobs also work well for the base.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X