• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cleanliness is next to ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britons do not scrub up well with two in five men and a third of women failing to have a daily shower, research revealed today.

Just over one in ten (11.5%) people in the UK only have a proper wash once or twice a week, a poll for tissue product manufacturer SCA found.

This puts us behind France, Mexico and Australia in the cleanliness stakes.

Researchers found that 41.1% of British men and 33.1% of women do not have a shower every day.

However, it does not seem to put off the opposite sex - 32.7% of women and 22.2% of men said they would date someone who did not wash every day.

And 40.4% of those polled said they would employ a shower-shy worker.

The smelliest people in the UK come from Yorkshire where 16% of people shower once or twice a week, and only half (54%) do so daily.

London is the cleanest, where three-quarters (75.9%) of the inhabitants shower or bath at least once per day and 16.3% do twice.

*The results incorporate research from a poll of 4,842 people in Mexico, Australia, the US, France, the UK, Russia, Sweden, Germany and China in 2008, and two further surveys of a total of 1,153 people in the UK.

The tube seems to have higher than its fair share of stinky folk on it.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

The UK is a pretty cold country, relatively. Under normal daily life, many people probably routinely sweat only during exercise. If you're not sweating, the need to wash so regularly is reduced especially if you use anti-perspirant rather than just painting perfume in your pits.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The UK is a pretty cold country, relatively. Under normal daily life, many people probably routinely sweat only during exercise. If you're not sweating, the need to wash so regularly is reduced especially if you use anti-perspirant rather than just painting perfume in your pits.
        That's your excuse and you're sticking to it eh
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Would be interesting to read the Sun's reaction to this as they have long considered themselves to be cleaner than the French.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 August 2009, 08:25.

Comment

I often miss a shower one day per weekend, more to break up the routine than anything.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I often shower after I have a poo as having a hairy arse it is sometimes difficult to remove the klingons and they start to become offensive after a few sweaty hours.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I got a guy sacked at the end of his first week for stinking the office out, he never changed his clothes and was definetly not washing his body. I told my boss there was no way I could have a client coming to my desk and being asked to bathe in the stench of his ball vinegar.

On the Friday you could see everyone close to him had moved their seats to the furthest away from him part of their desk.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Claw hammer and cleavage.

HTH
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

the chutney spoon

Comment

Working...
                    X