• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

future company contract - maybe going bust?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

future company contract - maybe going bust?

Just been offered a contract for 2 months, however the finances for the firm are dire, there staff are having to buy company stuff out of their own cash.

the rate is reasonable, however taking it on would mean that i could end up missing a lot time if i am not paid.

what do you think? are there standard procedures to protecting ourselves, i do the usual such as trying to get time sheets signed, and invoices early but need a little more protection?

Boyz and Girlz please help!

ensure your paid weekly, if 1 payment fails then walk, that way your only out of pocket 1 weeks work when it all goes wrong..

continue to look for other work
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

yup agreed if on the bench then nothig to lose, but demand weekly payment.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

This isn't going to end well.

How are the staff buying company stuff with thier own cash? Is it just cash flow stuff and are they expecting a big payment soon etc.

I'd ask for weekly payment upfront if I was you. Though if your on the bench do it but keep looking. If you lose a weeks worth of cash then all you've done is not sat at home for a week.

Comment

How are you going to fit this in with your other 2 jobs and daily marathon running?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

permi job is going.....

hate the permi job - wanted to leave as soon as i started. in fact delayed the start so that i could spend more time searching for a contract.

The current contract i have does not mind the permi job, prefers me to work through the night - so it works ok for us. he ends up not paying a full day rate - and getting the code that the project demands...

so i could continue with the fitness regime, as long as the client has showers onsite for the afternoon run (i only do 2 runs a day, once or twice a week) and the evening contract job.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, very sensible advice on working and being paid one week at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X