• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linux distros...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux distros...

Anybody built one from scratch?
    Me, me, me...

There is a guy with a funny name, Linus or so, I think he has.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Anybody built one from scratch?
      Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but the Linux From Scratch project gives you the tools and instructions you need to do this.

I started working through it once but gave up when the results of my actions didn't correspond with the events described in the book. Probably my mistake rather than anything wrong with the book.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but the Linux From Scratch project gives you the tools and instructions you need to do this.

I started working through it once but gave up when the results of my actions didn't correspond with the events described in the book. Probably my mistake rather than anything wrong with the book.
        You probably weren't wearing socks with your sandals. That'll be why it didn't work.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post

More likely that the book was out of date by the time you got around to trying it. Or was missing some vital info about the author's environment set up, tools and libraries used etc.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X