• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow Leopard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Leopard

Out this Friday, anybody getting it?

Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
    Out this Friday, anybody getting it?
    Been on Pre Order for ages.....
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Yep, on pre order as part of the UpToDate scheme (Only setting me back £8)

Comment

I shall be popping along to the apple store on Friday to secure my copy. I want to have it in my paws (well, hooves) for the weekend and I don't trust the mail...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

And I have just purchased the 2TB Time Capsule....so will be doing that and backing up my MBP so I can do a new install of Snow Leopard...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I will get it Saturday morning.

Comment

I will be drunk, so will do it next week

I am off to the last evening of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo....may have a wee dram!!!!

Comment

Why should I get it?

I have a 2008 Mac Pro, quite happy with it. Anyone know what features Snow Leopard will bring?
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I find this amazing though:

Mail now supports Exchange 2007 servers, something that Windows doesn't do. Come to think of it, Microsoft is dropping an email client from Windows altogether for Windows 7, you have to download the old Outlook Express software, now called Live Mail, separately.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                    Why should I get it?

I have a 2008 Mac Pro, quite happy with it. Anyone know what features Snow Leopard will bring?
                    This might help...

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/refinements/
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X