• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euphemism?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euphemism?

My good lady and I were walking out on bank holiday Monday at the Winter garden in Sheffield.....

We were enjoying the scenery and talking about 'her' student days... when a man of around 18 years of age, stood in front of us and asked...

"Are you looking for any meat?"

We said both said "no..."

He sheepishly retreated...

Is this a euphemism for something???

I got asked that outside a school gate while I was waiting for PRC-2.1 to complete a game of chess.

They had a bag full of very dodgy looking buts of pork that they promised had only come out of the freezer that morning.

Ah, the joys of away chess matches in Croydon.

Comment

I had a guy knock on my door recently and ask me if I wanted any fish.

Different eupemism?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        My good lady and I were walking out on bank holiday Monday at the Winter garden in Sheffield.....

We were enjoying the scenery and talking about 'her' student days... when a man of around 18 years of age, stood in front of us and asked...

I think he wanted to give you wife some pork or a big fat sausage
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Do you want any business?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I thought it might be some sort of drug trade?

Or should I have replied "The swans fly backwards over Leningrad"?

Comment

Sounds like a sheep stealer. One of my ancestors was hanged for that in the 13th century.
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 September 2009, 06:23.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I thought it might be some sort of drug trade?
                I've never heard that reference, mind you, this is Sheffield we are talking about.

I'm with the others, it is probably sex/dogging related.

You should have replied
                Maybe - what have you got?
                Then you might have found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  I've never heard that reference, mind you, this is Sheffield we are talking about.

I'm with the others, it is probably sex/dogging related.

You should have replied
                  Then you might have found out.

What in the Winter garden in daylight?

Time I moved back down South!

Comment

Credit crunch hits Sheffield hard I see
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X