• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Look out, He's got a Custard Cream!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out, He's got a Custard Cream!

A disturbing probe into the potential for apparently innocent biscuits' ability to do harm has revealed that an astounding 25 million Brits have been injured while indulging in some light coffee/tea break snack action, with 500 victims requiring hospital treatment.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I'm not sure about those results. Wouldn't cookies with nuts in be more dangerous than a custard cream?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

This sounds like an extension of the statistic that most car accidents happen within a mile or so of home or your destination. The theory is that you relax and don't pay as much attention.

What's more relaxing than a quiet cuppa with biccies?

QED
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

What's more relaxing than a quiet cuppa with biccies?
        I know this one !!!
        ten pints of ale

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I know this one !!!
          ten pints of ale

Lightweight. I'll raise you 12 points of ale, four whisky chasers and a packet of pork scratchings.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
            Lightweight. I'll raise you 12 points of ale, four whisky chasers and a packet of pork scratchings.
            But no Custard Creams, lightweight
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              But no Custard Creams, lightweight
              EO ate all the custard creams. It was either the pork scratchings or the cheese an onion crisps ().
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I ate a whole pack of Tesco Value Custard Creams while drinking my coffee several months ago. At the time I had to keep a records of things I ate so I got into big trouble for that for a start. I had to keep the nutrition labels where I could. When the dietitian looked at that label she said that they were nearly poisonous considering the amount of trans-fats it had in them.

At which point I made an executive decision to leave and said that she was talking almost as much bollox as when B'Liar chanted "Things can only get better". Biscuits, dough nuts, chocolate etc with my morning coffee - luv it.

However, it could have something to do with all my clothes shrinking.

I've also managed to scald myself several times over the years.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                  EO ate all the custard creams. It was either the pork scratchings or the cheese an onion crisps ().
                  no way, biscuits are fattening.

it's ten pints and a kebab for me

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

This reminds me of a domestic accident that happened to me when I was about eight.

It was Sunday morning and we were all getting ready for sunday school then weekly visit to nans.
                    So we were making toast in the kitchen, I was in the nuddie, beding over the chair buttering toast. My brother brought the next load of toast out from the grill and wondered what would happen if he nudged my bare bum with the toasting tray.

Of course the smell of scorched buttocks put everyone off their toast, not to mention the howls from a badly-bum-burned EO.

To add insult to injury, I had to pull my pants down in Nans to show the assembled extended family the two red raw stripes across me bum

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X