• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Estate Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Estate Agents

Just had a phonecall from "Clare" at some spurious agency I viewed a house with at the weekend suggesting random houses to me over the phone. After her 3rd pitiful attempt I said, look I'll look online and call you if anything looks nice.

Is this normal behaviour? Just suggests to me that they are desparate to drum up some transactions and/or look busy?

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Just had a phonecall from "Clare" at some spurious agency I viewed a house with at the weekend suggesting random houses to me over the phone. After her 3rd pitiful attempt I said, look I'll look online and call you if anything looks nice.

Is this normal behaviour? Just suggests to me that they are desparate to drum up some transactions and/or look busy?
    Samething happened to me last week.

Comment

They'll be on a commission and need to look busy - just like pimps.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I get phone calls and letters from the guys I bought my house off every so often.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sounds like they were trying to be helpful. Once you asked them to stop calling did they stop?

Comment

They seem to be worse than recruitment agents. I will need to get a pay as you go SIM jsut for dealing with estate agents now.

Comment

Should have told her you are changing your number and given her the telephone number of a pimp you don't like.

Comment

Just tell her you are waiting for the house price crash to run it's full course.

Nomadd
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Likely phrases you'll hear from EAs:

"Green shoots of recovery"

"Definite signs of a buyers' market"

"Market starting to upturn"

"Confidence is returning"

Then ask them about sales volumes. That should shut them up.

Last death throes of a dying breed of chancers.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Likely phrases you'll hear from EAs:

"Green shoots of recovery"

"Definite signs of a buyers' market"

"Market starting to upturn"

"Confidence is returning"

Then ask them about sales volumes. That should shut them up.

Last death throes of a dying breed of chancers.
                    I was speaking an EA yesterday as I was viewing a house and he assured me that "prices are going to go up for the next 2 years". He must have been a clairvoyant as none else has a clue which way prices are really going right now.

I find it's best to treat everything that comes out of EA's mouths as white noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X