• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview. Eeek.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview. Eeek.

Got an interview in BHam on Thursday, am nervous! Never been nervous for an interview before, but I am worried that having a baby and being away from work for a couple of months will have made my brain mush.

Am also aware that they might ask why there is a recent gap on my CV, and I wonder if when a new baby is mentioned they might bin me. Bleugh.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

What is the point of having children - only to abandon them immediately?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Hate to agree with the pot noodler, but WHS.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you can afford to feed and clothe them? Where's the love today?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Got an interview in BHam on Thursday, am nervous!

There are only a couple of no-go areas in brum.

Comment

Don't have much choice unfortunately, but it is not a decision I have taken lightly. I am on my own with the baby, and am not getting any support from his father (who, as the other Director in the Ltd Co, has taken £18k of the CT money and disappeared).
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Hate to agree with the pot noodler, but WHS.
              I hate to have the cretin agreeing with me... normal service will be resumed shortly
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                So you can afford to feed and clothe them? Where's the love today?
                Thank you - going back to work and leaving my precious boy is hardly making me jump for joy. It's either take a good contract if offered, or gamble and turn it down only for nothing else to come up for months.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Don't have much choice unfortunately, but it is not a decision I have taken lightly. I am on my own with the baby, and am not getting any support from his father (who, as the other Director in the Ltd Co, has taken £18k of the CT money and disappeared).
                  Sounds like you are doing the best you can under the circumstances. I really hope you get it.

I know it sounds cheeky but could you not say you wanted some time out just for a holiday or a long break and that you are raring to go now?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    There are only a couple of no-go areas in brum.
                    Ha, well it's Erdington. I know Brum quite well, live near but am a country bumpkin!
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X