• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Boris

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 16:37.
    Bwana

During September these thing come into the house - Giant house spider (Tegenaria duellica; formerly known as T. gigantea).

Usually seen scuttling across the floor at a rate of knots. I'm phobic so dread this month and live in the country so there are plenty around.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      During September these thing come into the house - Giant house spider (Tegenaria duellica; formerly known as T. gigantea).

Usually seen scuttling across the floor at a rate of knots. I'm phobic so dread this month and live in the country so there are plenty around.
      We had a feckin corker of one charging about my floor the other day.

I trapped it and chucked it out the back door but the gf tells me that there was another (possibly the same one) seen again yesterday in the same room. It probably came in through the vent grate and up through the dozen old radiator holes in the floor.

Must have been about 2 1/2 inches across, biggest spider I have seen in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        We had a flipin corker of one charging about my floor the other day.

I trapped it and chucked it out the back door but the gf tells me that there was another (possibly the same one) seen again yesterday in the same room. It probably came in through the vent grate and up through the dozen old radiator holes in the floor.

Must have been about 2 1/2 inches across, biggest spider I have seen in this country.
        Seen many of them, the males get into the house look for females during September, they're usually trying to find a way out.

Saw one in Suffolk that was the size of my hand
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Our garden seems to have sprung up a million webs over the past couple of weeks with those big fat @arsed brown and black spiders sat in the middle.

Mrs Durbs was treated to the spectacle of her husband leaping around the garden shrieking like a girl earlier on when i inadvertently walked right through one. Knew i had the spider on me somewhere and it was doubtless getting into a good position to sink its fangs into my head.

Comment

Some years ago I was hoovering the house and saw one of these giants. I don`t like the bigguns and went at it with the flat end of the hoover and what did it do? It actually attacked the end of the hoover, jumping on it, and off again and back on it again it was kinda scarey to watch - it had some balls.

Still hate the things but they`re really quite harmless and these days I capture them with a cup or glass and put them back outside.

I read somewhere that on average we eat a coupe of decent sized spiders each year while sleeping...........yum

Comment

Boris doesn't last long in my house. Despite my best efforts, the mogs murder them all.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Boris doesn't last long in my house. Despite my best efforts, the mogs murder them all.
                Same here, any monster house spiders and its a quick whistle for the mogs and its stomped into oblivion and eaten. They do wasps and bluebottles too.

Comment

I ********* hate these creatures

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I ********* hate these creatures
                    Sometimes you just have to compromise

Comment

Working...
                    X