• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C25k.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C25k.

Hi All,

Has anyone done this program?

It's a running course - designed to get you from being a couch potato to running 5k within 9 weeks.

I'm on week 3 at the minute, and really enjoying it - finding it quite easy actually (although I sweat like a mare!). I feel loads fitter, and I'm dying to start running more.

Anyone got any experience with this?

Cheers,
    Sal
    x x
    The pope is a tard.

Hadn't heard of it but it's the same kind of principle I used when I started running in an attempt to lose the gentleman-jugs. i.e. go slow enough for it to be the right side of uncomfortable for the first few weeks.

But I couldn't possibly do it unless it renamed itself s25k (Sofa-to-5k).

Comment

5K is just over 2 miles. I would have thought any program of light jogging would get you to 5K in 9 weeks. I guess you are doing about 2K every couple of days. Keep it up, particularly if you are enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        I sweat like a mare!
        Brilliant !

I should probably do it. Until a few years ago I was a lean, beanpole of a chap. Now I have the beginnings of a respectable paunch - which I'm fairly comfortable with but the wife is not.

The only thing that puts me off is that when I see 'serious' runners, they always look like tw@ts.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I'm not a serious runner but I still look like a tw@t!

Comment

I'm on week 3 at the minute, and really enjoying it - finding it quite easy actually (although I sweat like SallyAnne in a salad bar!).
            Fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              But I couldn't possibly do it unless it renamed itself s25k (Sofa-to-5k).

I had already renamed mine P25K

(Pub!)
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm finding it difficult enough to motivate myself to get to the gym at lunch.

Moved my gym to the city as it was too much of a hassle after a 12 hour day to drive another 20 mins to the gym.

so far have been once!

Must look up this method
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I sweat like a mare!
                  That's possibly the thing I hate most about exercise. I break into a sweat easily which makes using a gym tricky as they don't like you dripping all over the kit... and when running it makes my glasses steam up. A sweatband on my head helps a lot but then I look like a total fool.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

d000hg, you paint a picture of a total bellend

(no offence like)

Comment

Working...
                    X