• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best things about the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best things about the UK

I know we all like to moan about the place (well, I certainly do) but there are many good things about living here.

Parks
    Climate (yes, the climate. Temperate and great for walking in the country)
    Takeaway food shops. Great choice of Indian, Chinese, chippies, and er kebabs
    Message boards - UK ones are the best
    Puddings
    Sports events
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I know we all like to moan about the place (well, I certainly do) but there are many good things about living here.

Parks
    Puddings
    Sports events
    But you don't have to be in the UK to read this message board.

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Takeaway food shops. Great choice of Indian, Chinese, chippies, and er
      Would you not rather sit in?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We have Gordon Brown, the worlds greatest living hero!

Comment

The best things about the UK we speak English and can easily migrate to Aus, NZ, USA, Canada etc.

Comment

Puddings?

Usual fare is £5.99 for a ready-made Sticky Toffee Pudding and a lump of ice cream, usually garnished with a dusting of icing sugar like the chef saw on telly.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Parks
              Puddings
              Sports events
              The UK needs idiots like you.

Enjoy your stay.

Comment

we have the Queen
                Gawd bless her

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The UK needs idiots like you.

Enjoy your stay.
                  Hey, DP. Are you on the blob?

You're even more unpleasant today than normal.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    Puddings?

Usual fare is £5.99 for a ready-made Sticky Toffee Pudding and a lump of ice cream, usually garnished with a dusting of icing sugar like the chef saw on telly.
                    If you insist on eating in weatherspoons or The slug and Mattress then you deserve what you get.

Contrary to popular opinion and belief the UK has some very fine dining in some very ordinary establishments and at very reasonable prices. You just need to avoid the chains.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X