• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You decide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You decide

Been offered a gig but its not really what I do it as an end user of the tool rather then developer of it, currently I am developer of it am.

I'm worried if I take it it would dilute my technical skills and make it harder to get another contract but gig has lots of pro's the rate is very good, the work is easy, I have a lot of mates at the client and they all leave the office bang on 5pm, the contractor would be a longer termer as well years in fact if I wanted it.

Would you take the gig ? Ive included a poll
    YES
    52.17%
    NO
    34.78%
    I'm Andy W or whatever it is
    13.04%

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Been offered a gig but its not really what I do it as an end user of the tool rather then developer of it, currently I am developer of it am.

I'm worried if I take it it would dilute my technical skills and make it harder to get another contract but gig has lots of pro's the rate is very good, the work is easy, I have a lot of mates at the client and they all leave the office bang on 5pm, the contractor would be a longer termer as well years in fact if I wanted it.

Would you take the gig ? Ive included a poll
    How much MONEY is it?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        How much MONEY is it?
        Does it make a difference ? same as I was I get now somewhere between £500-£600 a day, but London so rate looks high but isnt really cost of leaving and all that.

Comment

Does it make a difference ? same as I was I get now somewhere between £500-£600 a day, but London so rate looks high but isnt really cost of leaving and all that.
          Wasn't after specifics, just relative. If a user pays as much a developer, go for it...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Wasn't after specifics, just relative. If a user pays as much a developer, go for it...
            Ahh ok soz wierd thing is user rates tend to be higher than developer and the work is easier as a user.

Comment

Ahh ok soz wierd thing is user rates tend to be higher than developer and the work is easier as a user.
              Go for it. You can add your user experience to your CV, which will show all round experience in the software.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

500 a day, easy life, ooh let me think.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just accepted the gig woo hooo

Comment

Working...
                  X