• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax

Tune in about now and cry/weep/laugh.

They've just read a letter fro a 23 year old blaming unaffordable house prices and unemployment on the generation of over 50s.

Oh, he thinks our pensions are safe

I suppose I could have written that myself when Thatcher was in power
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

If Labour win, this is going to happen. An overall wealth tax. A windfall tax for people.

They will assess your overall wealth (your property equity, pension, savings, the shirt on your back). If it is above the average, it will be taken and given to those below the average until everyone is at the average.

It's only fair™

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If Labour win, this is going to happen. An overall wealth tax. A windfall tax for people.

They will assess your overall wealth (your property equity, pension, savings, the shirt on your back). If it is above the average, it will be taken and given to those below the average until everyone is at the average.

It's only fair™
      Except MP's of course. That's only fair™

Comment

There IS an over 50's wealth tax, but their children pay it when the old people die; it's called inheritance tax and if you tax people when they're alive, there'll be less tax recieved when they die.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          There IS an over 50's wealth tax, but their children pay it when the old people die; it's called inheritance tax and if you tax people when they're alive, there'll be less tax recieved when they die.
          Brown needs the money NOW. He can't wait for you to die.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Brown needs the money NOW. He can't wait for you to die.
            It'll be conscription to Dad's army and sending them off to Afghan next...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I hink there should be, but it should be scrapped in 6 years time.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

"Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax"

Really?

Comment

Are there people under 50 who listen to radio 2?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Are there people under 50 who listen to radio 2?
                    There ain't many over 50s listening to it judging by the crap they played earlier on. The same tired songs as I remember the last time I listened to it, circa 2007.

It's all RC's fault. If he hadn't mentioned listening to it the other day I wouldn't have bothered.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X