• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorways

Anyone else noticed how the right hand lane is becoming the new middle lane for most drivers?

last night the M6 between Birmingham and Manchester was effectively reduced to single file traffic even though there was miles of open road in lanes 1 and 2
    Coffee's for closers

There are lanes?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      There are lanes?

I think he meant lines. Or loans.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Anyone else noticed how the right hand lane is becoming the new middle lane for most drivers?

last night the M6 between Birmingham and Manchester was effectively reduced to single file traffic even though there was miles of open road in lanes 1 and 2
        Yes. It's a ******* pain in the arse.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Well my journey home from London to Manchester was lovely last night 2hrs 3mins and I got fed and a bit squiffy into the bargin

Let the train take the strain.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Well my journey home from London to Manchester was lovely last night 2hrs 3mins and I got fed and a bit squiffy into the bargin

Let the train take the strain.
            Mr Pogle must have been pleased, someone else has done all the ground work for him
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Stop whinging! Just 'overtake' them on the inside! Do it all the time now and my reasoning to any traffic plod is my lane was moving quicker than the outside lane.

BTW, there is NO law against overtaking on the inside lane on a motorway.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Stop whinging! Just 'overtake' them on the inside! Do it all the time now and my reasoning to any traffic plod is my lane was moving quicker than the outside lane.

I think the Highway Code says that you can undertake if the traffic in the outside lane is slow moving.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  are you sure you can't get done for dangerous driving doing that?
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    are you sure you can't get done for dangerous driving doing that?
                    Only if you were driving dangerously when you did it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X