• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very cunning direct mail campaign by Brookson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cunning direct mail campaign by Brookson

Handwritten address on the envelope a scrap of paper inside saying 'Hi grey_lady I saw this and thought of you Chris' printed to look like it's handwritten and a magazine 'cutting' with an ad on both sides for Brookson bascially hinting that if you don't use them you might not be protected etc etc

Very realistic looking, so pretty cunning of them.

Yeah, I got one the other day.

Not that cunning.....it went straight in the bin!

Comment

Ha, yeah. I got that one. Very creative, but at the same time

Comment

Hey, how do you guys know Chris?

Comment

I got it and binned it shortly after adding brookson to my list of companies I will never do business with. I found the whole anonymous tip off (WhoTF is chris?) a bit of a creepy approach for a professional company.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I got it and binned it shortly after adding brookson to my list of companies I will never do business with. I found the whole anonymous tip off (WhoTF is chris?) a bit of a creepy approach for a professional company.
            It is marketing for a different generation I think.

Older people will think WTF? but the younger ones will think it is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
              It is marketing for a different generation I think.

Older people will think WTF? but the younger ones will think it is cool.
              I didn't. I chucked it in the bin.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Went straight to the shredder...
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Its an old trick. About 10 years ago some marketing "expert" got me to try it. Totally bombed - not one bit of business.

Although it has got us talking about Brookson so maybe it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                    Although it has got us talking about Brookson so maybe it worked.
                    Not really. Being slagged off in front of your target audience probably isn't ideal for any professional company, especially one that you expect honest advice from. We're not talking about Ryanair headline grabbing are we.

Comment

Working...
                    X