• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch Pal for Payroll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Pal for Payroll

Hi All,

I've just got a contract in the Netherlands and I've never worked in mainland Europe before. The payroll company suggested by the agent charges extortionate fees (7%).

ITECS have a flat monthly fee and so have Dutch Pal. Dutch Pal are cheaper than ITECS by 55 euros per month and do not charge for applying for the 30% tax ruling (ITECS do).

I have seen lots of posts here about ITECS but none about Dutch Pal. Has anyone used them?

Regards
    Ulric.

7 % -- banditos

7 % is too much. There are others. Just use google and search for payroll service expat. I added some companies in another post I wrote.

I wouldn't use Itecs. Bad rumours.

good luck

Comment

Working in the Netherlands

Ulric,

I have worked in The Netherlands several times and can thoroughly recommend DutchPal, my current payroll company, because they will give a clear, easy to understand payslip, in English, as long as lots of extra free advise when you need it. In my opinion they are the best payroll company in NL by a country mile!

I don't want to mention names but the tricks played by other companies include:

Promises of expenses that you cannot or should not claim and these can leave you with a big tax bill
      Hidden and unexplained charges on their payslips
      Charges for registering you for the 30% ruling (which is free from DutchPal)
      Charges for yearend tax calculation
      Late payment. (Before I was with DP I had to wait several weeks for payment and that did not include delays for miscalculation etc.)
      Keeping your tax documents in order to force you to use their tax services (which is illegal. I had this happen and they tried to charge me 1500 for my tax calculation, a local accoutant did it for 37!)

I don't want to say too much, or mention names online, because it could be libellous, but my advise is no matter what you decide, start by calling these companies and ask for a list of costs and a sample calculation, and do NOT be afraid to ask questions!

Comment

Dutch Pal

Hi,

I've used both ITECS and Dutch Pal. Dutch Pal pay promptly, ahead of your agency paying out your invoice. Given the uncertainty in the current market this gives me some peace of mind.

ITECS also charge for additional services such as applying for the 30% ruling. The people at Dutch Pal have a long track record of successfully operating payroll for contractors in The Netherlands. I would recommend them.

Best Wishes

Comment

Definately Dutch Pal

I have worked in NL for many years on and off, and had experience of many payroll companies.
          There are a lot of companies that do payroll in NL, but Dutch Pal go that step further and provide a complete service, and an excellent one at that. They are friendly, relaible, and pay faster than any other company - within a couple of days or receiving your timesheet - because they dont wait for your agency to pay them before they pay you. They can assist you in all aspects of your contract in NL, from meeting you at the airport, processing your 30% application (for free), arranging visas if required, help finding accomodation, etc which all helps a great deal when you arrive in a new place, and allows you to concentrate on doing your work.
          I would definately recommend Dutch Pal

Comment

Thanks I will sleep well

[QUOTE=techietubby;980620]Ulric,

I have worked in The Netherlands several times and can thoroughly recommend DutchPal, my current payroll company, because they will give a clear, easy to understand payslip, in English, as long as lots of extra free advise when you need it. In my opinion they are the best payroll company in NL by a country mile!

Originally posted by jonesy1 View Post
            Hi,

I've used both ITECS and Dutch Pal. Dutch Pal pay promptly, ahead of your agency paying out your invoice. Given the uncertainty in the current market this gives me some peace of mind.

ITECS also charge for additional services such as applying for the 30% ruling. The people at Dutch Pal have a long track record of successfully operating payroll for contractors in The Netherlands. I would recommend them.

Best Wishes
            I chose Dutch Pal Yesterday for a new contract in NL. I chose them based
            on the fact that they provide a Dutch Solution only. The problem with most
            of the management companies is that they claim to be experts and compliant everywhere.
            I have found cheaper monthly solutions but they all charge for the 30% ruling.
            Thanks for your recommendations I hopefully can look forward to sleepless
            nights

Comment

Dutch Pal

Hi All,

I have used Dutch Pal and I have to agree with all the comments so far. They are a very friendly company and are always available to help whenever required. They are cheaper than any other payroll company that I know of especially ITEC. They can also tell you exactly what take home pay you will get.
              They also helped me with my accommodation when I went over to Holland and they met me at the airport and took me to my accommodation at no extra cost. They also ensure that all my taxes are paid and that I get paid on time. I have no problem in recommending them to any contractor who wants to go to Holland to work. I just wished they could provide this service in other EU countries especially Germany where my next contract is.

Comment

I know it looks suspect, all these first time posters recommending this company but the admin has told me there is no obvious link between the posters so make of it what you will. Anyone regular posters here able to comment on this?
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

Why the fck would a bunch of 1st time posters all jump on a UK contract board, to big up the same company?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

No Negative comments so far

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

Why the fck would a bunch of 1st time posters all jump on a UK contract board, to big up the same company?
                    Good point. I believe that what most members of this forum like myself are looking for is whether anyone has had any bad experience with a payroll company. It's always difficult to judge a new payroll company that comes
                    on the market and I guess that does make it more difficult if a bunch of 1st time posters suddenly appear.

Most 1st time posters usually ask fundamental basic question.

Contracting in the Netherlands or Switzerland is quite simple and it's like
                    choosing a UK umbrella company. Price and speed of payment,with the risk
                    of going bankcrupt.

This is how to ask the question in future

Has anyone with over 10 posts heard of any other new payroll companies in the Netherlands cheaper that €300?
                    Last edited by Brussels Slumdog; 24 October 2009, 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                    X