• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crap web sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap web sites

Perhaps the owners of ContractorUK might want to consider creating a "Unintentionally Crappiest Serious Web Site in Britain Award" as a way of publicising this site?

Here's my first nomination: the Coventry Retail Market web site link.

It never seems to finish loading, doesn't give their opening times, navigation is all over the place, the directions are wrong, no contact details, change the text size and it becomes illegible, only 5 broken links but 3 are from its own site.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

"Opening Tmes".

Comment

Text left margin chops off half the first letter on each line.

It wants a Windows MediaPlayer plugin.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
        "Opening Tmes".

Her Ladyship answered that. She managed to pause the video on the home page as the camera approaches the doors and just before they open. There's a few frames where you can see they open Mon-Sat.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Text left margin chops off half the first letter on each line.
          That is true, but I would be quite interested in seeing Coventry market's famous circular oof.

Comment

I don't know if it has changed in the few hours since you posted, but the Opening Time banner was the first thing I saw.

It's directly under the main banner, and is misspelled "Opening Tmes" as Oranger Hopper pointed out.

Ugly, ugly site though!
            Last edited by jmo21; 18 October 2009, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              I don't know if it has changed in the few hours since you posted, but the Opening Time banner was the first thing I saw. It's directly under the main banner, and is misspelled "Opening Tmes" as Oranger Hopper pointed out.
              ... flash of inspiration ... opens IE ...

That (badly pixellated) top banner does not come up in Firefox, neither on my desktop nor Her Ladyship's.

Edit: That was FireFox v2. The banner does appear on my laptop with FireFox v3.5.3 where, thankfully, the video does not auto-play. But some of the text is truncated on the left which it wasn't in v2.
              Last edited by BrowneIssue; 19 October 2009, 10:16.

Comment

I'd like to nominate Hector's Online Services pages which don't display properly in Firefox and contain loads of validation errors.
                Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
                  I'd like to nominate Hector's Online Services pages which don't display properly in Firefox and contain loads of validation errors.
                  But oddly enough works fine in Safari, or it did last week when I used it anyway.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
                    I had just assumed that was the way they wanted it to look!

Comment

Working...
                    X