• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Were you a teenager in the 80s?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were you a teenager in the 80s?

I was.
    I think the only other decade better to be a teenager in was probably the 60s.

Not the 50s because everyone was straight-laced
    Not the 70s because there was no pocket money/electricity/rubbish collection
    Not the 90s because there was no decent music.
    Not the 00s because there was too much crime

And the killer reason - that generation bought their first property in the 90s and rode the housing boom so they are filthy rich now
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I was.

And the killer reason - that generation bought their first property in the 90s and rode the housing boom so they are filthy rich now
    WHS.

Comment

I was.

If you can remember the 60s, you weren't there
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        If you can remember the 60s, you weren't there
        Old person alert.

Comment

Not the 90s because there was no decent music
          yes and I thought it was most unfair. Unbelievably, Take That really were usually the best thing in the charts. At what other time in history would that Bryan Adams dirge be at number 1 for 4 months? (With Right Said Fred at number 2 for much of that time). At least up near Manchester we got to the decent stuff early.

Comment

my daughter was a teenager in the 80's

i'll ask her what it was like

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The seventies was fine!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

oh yes.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  yes and I thought it was most unfair. Unbelievably, Take That really were usually the best thing in the charts. At what other time in history would that Bryan Adams dirge be at number 1 for 4 months? (With Right Said Fred at number 2 for much of that time). At least up near Manchester we got to the decent stuff early.
                  Bollocks.

I was a teenager in the 80's, and most of the music was gash! (not all ,there were nuggets of greatness and the seeds of stuff that took over the world in the 90's etc).

But musically I'd say indie, dance, hip-hop etc are a very very good marker for the 90's compared to all the new romantic pish and glam rock etc that was pumped out for large chunks of the 80's. In fact I'd go as far as saying worst musical decade in my lifetime (Or my mums).
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

As a teenager in the 80s, I listened to Genesis, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X