• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

verbal agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verbal agreement

Extension coming up and pimp number 1 wants me to take it, however, pimp no 2 has a possible gig that they are awaiting feedback on.

pimp no 1 wants to know if I'm going to renew and wants an answer.

How do I stand on verbal agreements in this context if pimp no 2 comes up with the goods for a much more preferable arrangement after I've possibly told pimp no 1 to go ahead with the extension?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Extension coming up and pimp number 1 wants me to take it, however, pimp no 2 has a possible gig that they are awaiting feedback on.

pimp no 1 wants to know if I'm going to renew and wants an answer.

How do I stand on verbal agreements in this context if pimp no 2 comes up with the goods for a much more preferable arrangement after I've possibly told pimp no 1 to go ahead with the extension?
    Tell pimp 2 you need an answer in however many hours you want to say or you'll take the other job.

Dont say yes to a job you may want to turn down in a few hours time.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

English and Welsh law verbal agreements are contracts.

So unless you know or think something will be put in the written contract to cause a problem then don't say "Yes".
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Consider: pimp 2 has someone who can do your current gig but for a bigger margin; the CV is in the fax machine and his finger is hovering over the "Send" button waiting for you to decline the extension ... and there is no possible gig for you to go to.

Remember: if the agent's lips are moving, they are lying.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

When i said possible gig, it is an actual one.

I know i'm definitely getting extended, but pimp wants me to clarify that I'm happy to go ahead with it.

pimp 2 knows that i need to make a decision this week, but the client is taking their time with getting back.

staying at current gig not preferable (boiling my head in a vat of acid would be) only for supporting a redundant OH I'd do my usual and take the rest of the year off.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            English and Welsh law verbal agreements are contracts.

So unless you know or think something will be put in the written contract to cause a problem then don't say "Yes".
            Which is true but a contract is worthless unless you are gonna go the whole hog and hire a lawer and take the legal route. Until that point its all hot air and he says she says.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X